Wednesday, June 23, 2010

An Israeli Spy Shop

Posted by Simcha 5:07 PM, under | 8 comments

I had to go into Jerusalem today to run some errands and I stopped off at small shopping center to grab something to eat. It's been a while since I had been in this particular mall so I walked around a bit, checking out the stores, when I came across the coolest store ever.

From the outside it didn't look particularly interesting, just some security cameras for sale, until I took a closer look at the smaller items displayed in the window and then I had to go in. It was a spy shop!

Inside the store I found the most awesome assortment of gadgets, most of which were camouflaged recording devices, the kind I've only see on TV and in movies. There were cameras concealed as lighters, tissue boxes, packages of gum and even a tie.There was a pen that could both photograph and record and another pen with ink that disappears after twelve hours. There was a radio that could pick up conversations in a nearby room. My favorite items were an pair of sunglasses that included a camera and microphone and a watch that was also a camera and a recorder. The salesman even took these items out for me from the display case for a demonstration.

The salesman was actually surprisingly friendly and helpful (this is Israel after all) even though I made it clear that I was just browsing, though when I asked him about who exactly their customers are he couldn't give me an answer.I just can't imagine the average guy or gal needing a hidden camera in their tie or blue tooth. Browsing in that store, I so badly wished I had someone to spy on so that I could have reason to buy something from there. I would look so cool talking discretely and mysteriously into my watch.

I was a bit disappointed though that there weren't more items meant for women. There was a tie and a few different men's watches but no women's watches or cameras hidden in jewelry. Don't these people watch Chuck? Women can be spies too! A camera in a book would also be a fantastic item, though I'm glad there wasn't one there because I'm not sure I could have resisted something lie that.

Anyhow, I just thought this was a really cool store though for the life of me I have no idea what its doing in that little shopping mall. Perhaps it's really just a front for something else...

If you are ever in Talpiot, Jerusalem, you should definitely stop by and check out this store, Insec. And let me know if you buy anything so I can come over and play with it. Now I just have to justify getting myself one of those watches, because I really really want one.

8 comments:

That is freakin' awesome! I want a store like that! I'm pretty sure that is every kid's dream store after he's watched James Bond or something similar. Heck, it's my dream store!

-Bryan
sff-hub.blogspot.com

I wanna got to the spy shop! I don't know why since I don't spy on anyone, but still this is cool!

I want to go to there. How cool, how cool, a spy shop! I have never been in a spy shop before, I didn't even know they had spy shops! I thought people who wanted spy equipment had to get it secretly through secret channels that only spies know about.

BStearns: Yeah, owning a spy shop would be pretty cool. You'd certainly get to meet a lot of interesting people.

StephanieD: If you ever come to Israel I will totally take you there :)

Jenny: I also didn't know such stores existed. Perhaps there is a growing demand for spying equipment in Israel.. I don't know. I just wish I could find someone I need to spy one so that I could buy something there.

This gonna be add new dimension to the Spy era surely.It looks like has a great potential to make
spying effective than ever.The description was fine. Though there are several tools and equipments
for spying, this will make it's own place among them I hope.Looking forward for more interesting and useful stuff like this.

spy products

It proved being in reality obliging to me plus I am constructive to each and every
one the commenters here! It’s usually good when you can not just be informed, but in addition entertained! I am helpful you had pleasurable writing this.


start-up-business-grants

This article took me time toward think about all of the commentary, except I in reality loved the piece of writing. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates.I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.


Office Cleaning

Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing.It proved being in reality obliging to me plus I am constructive to each and every one the commenters here!I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates.

evotech fender eliminator

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive