Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Book Day To Me: My Holiday Gift Swap Gift

Posted by Simcha 4:55 PM, under | 3 comments





I'm currently in book heaven.


Today I received a package from my (not so)secret blogger from the holiday gift swap (she revealed her identity to me last week to check if I received the package yet) and it contained not one, not two but THREE books from my wish list!! I definitely got myself an awesome secret blogger person.

I'm now the proud owner of these three books:

The Sex Lives of Cannibals by J. Maarten Troost

I've been wanting to read this book for ages, ever since I heard about Troost and his humorous travel books. I love Bill Bryson and I heard that Troost's books are similar in style. I'm so excited to finally have a copy of this book.






Sins of the Flesh by Caridad Pineiro

I was intrigued by this book when I first read about it, a few weeks ago, and immediately added it to my book wish list, though I didn't expect to actually get a hold of it so soon. Can't wait to read it!!







Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde

I was particularly excited to find this book in the package, the fourth book in the Thursday Next series, because I haven't been able to find it anywhere in Israel. Now I can finally find out what happens to Thursday after she leaves the Well of Lost Plots. I'm really hoping she gets her husband back, in this book.




So thank you, thank you, thank you Heather, from www.ragingbibliomania.net, for sending me all these wonderful books.
Plus I love the pretty card you included. You are the best! And I'm reserving you as my secret santa for next year's holiday gift exchange (I'm not above greasing a few palms).
I just hope my gift recipient enjoys her gift as much as I enjoyed mine.


3 comments:

I hope you enjoy SINS OF THE FLESH. I really loved writing it! Have a great holiday.

congrats on your gift! I hope you enjoy all the books.

I love getting books for presents. Have fun with your new reading companions.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive