Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Quotes

Posted by Simcha 12:37 PM, under | 3 comments

The Girl with the Glass Feet (Ali Shaw)

You didn't have to have years under your belt; you had to have unlived ones, yet to be stored.

When You Reach Me (Rebecca Stead)

  • "You're lucky," he tells me. "Keys are power. Some of us have to come knocking."

  • If I'm afraid of someone on the street, I'll turn to him (it's always a boy) and say, "Excuse me, do you happen to know what time is is?" This is my way of saying to the person "I see you as a friend, and there is no need to hurt me or take my stuff. Also, I don't even have a watch and I'm probably not worth mugging."

Blake Charlton (interview at Fantasy Literature)

The beginning of a second book is a difficult point for a new novelist. You have your whole life to write your first novel; for your second, you have a year.

3 comments:

I love that Blake Charlton quote! ANd the Girl with the glass feet quote is making me wish I could have all of my unread books here with me in Japan!

That second quote from When You Reach Me makers me laugh every time I read it!

Brizmus: The Girl With the Glass feet was really beautifully written but in the end I had mixed feelings about it. I'll be putting up my review soon.

Stephanie: Me too! Which I guess is why I keep using it, even though I usually try to use different quotes than those I put in my reviews.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive