Monday, December 14, 2009

Peter V. Brett's contest: My ideas for a winning picture

Posted by Simcha 3:50 PM, under | 2 comments

Peter V. Brett has a fun contest for three ARC copies of The Desert Spear, the sequel to The Warded Man. To enter you have to send in a picture of yourself, or someone else, holding a copy of the Warded Man, with extra points given to pictures with an interesting background.

While this isn't the first such contest that I've come across, it is the first time that I actually own the book that is needed to participate and so I think I'd like to give it a shot. Plus I live in the desert and I'm sure I could come up with a photo with a great background shot that would be relevant to the book.

Today, on my way to Jerusalem, I saw a Bedouin on a nearby hill leading his flock of goats and I thought 'now that would be a great picture for the contest.' Though I somehow don't think the Bedouin would be too pleased if I intercepted him and his goats to request that he smile for the camera, while holding a book.

I'm also considering approaching the camel owner down the road, who stands around with his camel, waiting for tourists, and asking if I could get a picture of myself on his camel, with the book. Or better yet- a picture of him with the book.

I bet any of these pictures would make me a shoo-in for that contest.

The things I'll do for a book these days....

2 comments:

Both of those ideas would be fantastic! You'd be sure to win because it goes so well with the title of his book. (That cover's striking too.)

Thanks Stephanie. I've taken to carrying the book around with me, along with my camera, in case a good photo opportunity should arise.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive