Monday, June 15, 2009

Quotes about Fantasy





Fantasy is the only canvas large enough for me to paint on.
    Terry Brooks


Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.
    Francisco de Goya


Fantasy allows you bend the world and the situation to more clearly focus on the moral aspects of what's happening. In fantasy you can distill life down to the essence of your story.
    Terry Goodkind


Fantasies are more than substitutes for unpleasant reality; they are also dress rehearsals, plans. All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination.
    Barbara-Grizzuti-Harrison


Fantasy for me as a kid was real, and I had a fantasy about what life was, whether it was sort of wicked and dire, or wholly normal, or whatever. Anything really close to home is not, it seems to me, what a good book should be about.
    Diana Wynne Jones


All the works of man have their origin in creative fantasy. What right have we then to depreciate imagination.
    Carl Jung


But in fantasy, you can make a complete break, and you can put people in a situation where they are confronted with things that they would not confront in the real world.
    Elizabeth Moon


Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I could be wrong.
    Terry Pratchett


I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
    Dr. Seuss

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive