Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some True Blood Fun

Posted by Simcha 3:43 AM, under | 1 comment

Yes, the day has finally arrived! After months of being teased by coy ad campaigns and tantalizing video shorts, season four of True Blood will finally be kicking off.

True Blood is actually not the kind of show that I would normally watch. To be honest, the blatant sex and nudity makes me uncomfortable and all the blood makes me queasy, so I usually spend most of the show with my hands over my eyes. But somehow the show still managed to get it's claws (fangs?) into me and I'm particularly looking forward to this season because it appears to be based on my favorite of the Sookie Stackhouse books.  And since I've pretty much given up on the books which have been getting progressively worse (I couldn't even finish the latest one) the show is now all that I have left, so I'm really hoping it'll be good.

Now for those of you who are also True Blood fans there is a way for you to get the chance to make a brief appearance in your own True Blood episode. That's right, you and your friends can appear beside Eric, Sookie and Pam in a short interactive video, by Liking the True Blood Facebook page. With your permission Facebook will then use the names and photographs on your Facebook account to make a personalized True Blood video for you. I did it myself and it was really fun, particularly seeing Eric send me an email. I was also very impressed that when a phone call was made to my name, my name was actually pronounced correctly. Way to go True Blood promotional people!

Anyhow, it's a lot of fun and I urge you to give it a try yourself.

1 comments:

The promotion is well-executed to lure more viewers.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive