Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Gift From the Book Blogger Holiday Swap

Posted by Simcha 2:12 PM, under | 5 comments

I was in a really grumpy mood one day last week, due to problems with my computer and being worn out by a moody two year old. When I went to check my mailbox I wasn't expecting to find anything other than bills, but to my surprise there was a package for me from Ireland. Well my day brightened up considerably right then and I saved the package to open up later so that I would have something fun to look forward to.

When I got home from work I finally tore into the package, which turned out to be from the Book Blogger Holiday Swap. The blogger who sent it to me was Valentina from Valentina's Room and inside was a beautifully wrapped present that contained a book that I have been wanting to read for ages now and which she says is one of her favorites,
The Knife of Never Letting Go. Valentina also included a lovely bookmark which she made herself and which I expect to get a lot of use out of .




So thank you Valentina for this wonderful gift which really made my day. I can't wait to read the book and the bookmark that you gave me is already being used in my current book (which is a big improvement over the spoon that I was using before)




5 comments:

enjoy :D Cos book 1 was amazing

The Knife of Never Letting Go is wonderful, but just a warning - you'd better order the next two in the series now because you will want them as soon as you finish! :--)

Blodeuedd: Oh, I hope so. I plan to save it for next weekend when I should have plenty of time for uninterrupted reading.

rhapsodyinbooks: Well I'm just glad that the next two books are already out. There is nothing worse for me then finishing a wonderful book only to have to wait a year for the sequel. And I think I've even seen it in the bookstores here in Israel.

I agree that the bookmark is indeed lovely; however, using a spoon to mark your place for a book called The Knife of Never Letting Go has certain logic :)

I've heard great things about the Knife of Letting Go series ... I hope to read it myself this year.

And I love the idea of using a spoon as as bookmark! Perfect for eating ice cream while reading!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive