Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friday Quotes

Posted by Simcha 10:40 PM, under | 10 comments

I discovered my love for quotes during tenth grade geometry, when I found a book of quotes on the bookshelf that was right by my seat. I started reading this book every day during class and was soon hooked on to quotes (though I fell behind in geometry). I do still enjoy collecting quotes, and so this week I thought I would share some of my favorite non-literary ones with you.

Enjoy!




*********************************************************************************************

Don't be so humble... you're not that great
~ Golda Meir

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
~ Chili Davis

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
~ Mark Twain

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
~ Mark Twain

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
~ Jack Handy

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
~ Douglas Adams

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them
~ Rodney Dangerfield

Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive
~ Elbert Hubbard

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
~ Woody Allen

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
~ Woody Allen

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
~Arthur McAuliff

10 comments:

Uh oh, neglecting your geometry for quotes. Not good, not good!
I love that last quote - hilarious!

Audrey, it turned out OK. I never ended up using my geometry, but as you can see, I still use my quotes :)

I've always been a fan of quotes too. I remember searching and cataloging and in general stressing over what I was going to use for my senior quote. It felt as important as choosing who I would marry. :)

Found you through the hop! Here's me.

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

LOL! I needed these. Each one's funnier than the last!

I love that Golda Meir quote- I think it all the time with people ;-)

Those are some very fun quotes! I love the Mark Twain one about clothes!

I'm new to your blog. My post is here.

Trisha: Yeah, I remember doing that as well, and know I don't even know where my yearbook is. *sigh* Thanks for stopping by!

Stephanie: Thanks, though I realized afterward that I seem to have chosen a number of death related quotes. Kinda weird...(I really have no death related obsessions)

Aarti: There are a number of quotes of Golda Meir's that I really like. That woman was a real firecracker. I would love to have met her.

Alyce: Yes, that's one of my favorites. I love Mark Twain quotes and I have a whole list of them, but I managed to select just two for this post.

pussreboots : Thanks for coming by! I'll be over to visit soon.

Hey there, I'm just dropping by on the hop and have become a new follower.

Science Fiction is a genre that I haven't read too much of, but am interested in getting into. I look forward to learning about books I would enjoy from your entries.

You can visit my blog here if you're interested.

Happy Reading!

PeachyTO, Thanks for visiting! To be honest, my blog leans more towards fantasy then scifi though I am making more of an effort to read sf as well. But if you are looking for a good book, I'm always happy to provide a recommendation.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive