Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Life-Saving Book

Posted by Simcha 2:05 PM, under | 2 comments

I've been trying to decide on what book to get for my 11 year-old son to read next and after reading this article I think The Merchant of Death by D.J MacHale would be a good choice. After falling into a river, and being pulled towards a 10-foot waterfall, it was advice from this series that helped save the life of 13 year-old William Hickman


From The Seattle Times:
    After slipping into the fast-moving river during a hike Saturday afternoon above Wallace Middle Falls, Hickman heeded the advice of the book's hero and rode feet first down a 10-foot waterfall, trying to avoid the center of the river where the current was at its strongest. But he didn't avoid all rocks, grabbing one only feet from the towering falls, a move that likely saved the Burien boy's life


A fantasy novel that saves lives? 
I'm going to make all of my kids read this one.


2 comments:

That story is amazing.
I actually started reading the Pendragon series a few years ago. I liked it enough, but I dropped it after a few books. It didn't hold my interest as a 13-year-old girl. I hope your son likes it. =D

~Riv Re
Riv Reads

It just went on my list for Aidan.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive