Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Snapshots: Trying out a new meme

Posted by Simcha 5:22 PM, under | 5 comments

I'm really not very good at sticking with memes that I start but I can't resist giving Alyce's Saturday Snapshot feature a try.

Here's a bit about the meme, from At Home With Books:

To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. All I ask is that you don't post random photos that you find online.


I'm often tempted to post cute pictures of my kids that I've taken or scenic views of the town where I live, but since this is meant to be a blog about book this really isn't the place for such things. But I suppose maybe I can allow myself to indulge just once a week, through this meme. At least for as long as I stick with it.

And so for my first Saturday Snapshot entry I'm going to share with you a picture that I took a couple of weeks ago on my way home from work. The place where I work is just few minutes away from my house and this is the beautiful view that I get to enjoy for part of my walk home.

On the right side of the picture, by the tip of the mountain, is the Dead Sea. On the left side is Jericho.

Both pictures are of the same view but I couldn't decide if I liked it better with the fence or not, so I posted both.










These beautiful desert landscapes are a large part of the reason that I love living in Mitzpe Yericho.

5 comments:

For some reason, my computer's not letting me see the pictures :( I'll have to come back and try to view them again.

Sadly, I couldn't see them either.

Oops, sorry guys. Hopefully I've fixed the problem.

I like both perspectives. It is a gorgeous view to get to see every day!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive