Thursday, November 25, 2010

You're Invited to the SFF Chat Chanukah Party

Posted by Simcha 5:11 PM, under | 9 comments



Dear Readers,

You are cordially invited to attend my awesome, fun-filled Chanukah party, here at SFF Chat, which will begin next Thursday and will last for eight days. There will be presents, virtual sufganiot (which are not quite as good as the real ones but a lot less calories) and celebrity guests.

Yes, you heard right. Each day this humble blog will be visited by a different Jewish celebrity personality from the SFF world who will provide a guest post or interview. These will include Jane Yolen, Kate Elliott, David Brin, Ari Marmell, Lavie Tidhar, Rachel Swirsky and Ann Vendermeer (and perhaps one more author, who I am still waiting to hear a confirmation from). And on each day I will also be giving away one book written by the author featured on that day.

Trust me, you don't want to miss this.

So mark your calendars for December 2nd to ensure that you are here for this exciting Chanukah celebration

The doors are open all day long and everyone is invited.

Can't wait to see you there!

9 comments:

Ann Vandermeer? Lavie Tidhar? David Brin? MORE???

I am SOOOO there! and I'll be eating latkes the whole time!

you are brilliant!!

I only know Kate *blush* But yay for the rest too :)

Wow! Whata lineup! I wonder where I can get sufganiot, but first I should probably find out what that is.

TJ: Thanks. I'm really excited about it.

Redhead: Mmm...latkas...I can't wait for those. And I'm waiting to hear back from Esther Friesner who is interested in participating but wasn't sure if she could find the time. Though it's going to be awesome either way!

Blodeuedd: Shame on you! Just kidding. But hopefully you'll discover some new others then. I've being reading Jane Yolen since I was little.

StephanieD: LOL! It's always a good idea to find out what a food item is before you try to acquire it. Though sufganiot are delicious, so I give you the green light. They are like doughnuts except with no hole and with powdered sugar sprinkled on top. The traditional ones are jelly filled but in recent years caramel and chocolate have also become popular filling flavors. And some bakeries add really exotic flavors or make them really decorative. I'll try to post pictures.

i'll be sure to stop by. it sounds fun :)

Yay! This sounds like great fun.
As I join in I'll be tasting the doughnuts from various places around town (purely for research purposes of course!)

Sounds super awesome!
I actually don't know any of those people, but I'll be looking forward to reading what they're all about!
And though I don't know what sufganiot is, I'm sure it's fabulous. On my way to look it up now!

Esther: Me too! Last year we had sufganiot from a different bakery each night. All in the name of research, of course.

Brizmus: Really? I'm surprised that you aren't familiar with Jane Yolen or Kate Elliott. We will certainly have to change that

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive