Monday, March 8, 2010

More author responses...

Posted by Simcha 5:25 AM, under | 1 comment

I received a couple more, slightly belated, responses to my question about what authors would do if they saw someone reading their books in public. Since I'm currently reading Lavie Tidhar's The Bookman, and he is one of the few authors that there is some possibility I could actually run into, I was particularly interested in seeing his response.

So I don't know if you still need an answer, but I wouldn't approach anyone reading one of my books. At least, I don't *think* I would... ha! But really, I don't think a writer has much to do with his/her book once it's published - the book does, and should, exist independently from the writer, if that makes sense.

And from Maureen Johnson, who is the only non-speculative fiction author whom I approached, but I love following her on Twitter (because she is so darn funny) and I was curious to see what she would say.

This happened to me once, on the subway. I just stared, sort of like a Manson girl . . . just stared and stared and then the woman got off.

Which is not an AMAZING story. I was just sort of too stunned to do anything.

Thanks Lavie and Maureen for taking the time to answer my question.

To see the rest of the responses that I had received, from authors and readers, visit my "Readers in the Wild" post

1 comments:

I guess it would be quite a trip to see someone reading your book, with all the millions of books out there to read. That would be an amazing feeling, yet numbing too.

Thanks for adding these comments in. I always enjoy reading what the authors think.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive