Thursday, March 4, 2010

Friday Quotes

Posted by Simcha 6:25 PM, under | 1 comment

I read some great books this week, including Peter Brett's The Desert Spear (which I'll talk about a bit next week) and my old favorite, Villains by Necessity and I'm currently in the middle of listening to Red Seas Under Red Skies on audio, which I'm really enjoying. And so here are a few of my favorite quotes from this week's reads:
*********************************************************************************

Red Seas Under Red Skies
(Scott Lynch)


  • "I'd lay even odds that between the people following us and the people hunting us, we've become this city's principle means of employment."
    Jean Tanne to Locke after another assassination attack

  • "Has anyone ever tried to cut out that disgustingly silver tongue of yours, Master Kosta?'"
    "It's become a traditional pastime in several cities I could mention."
    Madam Durenna to Lock Lamora (posing as Master Kosta)


The Desert Spear (Peter Brett)

  • "They do you a great honor. In Krasia, if no one is trying to kill you, it is because you're not worth killing." - Abban

Villains by Necessity (Eve Forward)

  • "If you hear me screaming, run away."
    "You never scream, Sam," corrected the Barigan...Sam smiled
    "That's why you'd run away."


  • If Sam were a hero, tracking down a villain, he would, at this point, have said a few choice dramatic words along the lines of Mizzamir being his now, or perhaps a suggestion for the mage to make preparation to meet whatever deities he favored. But as it was, Sam was a villain and didn't mess about with such things.


  • "It would be nice just to slip in there and set a few things ablaze," said Valerie wistfully. " I bet all that dry wood would go up like a--"
    "Save the world first, my fellows, and you can come back to enjoy it later," interrupted Kaylana.

1 comments:

Clever quotes; I especially like the one that starts out :If Sam were a hero, tracking down a villain..."

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive