Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Book Challenge I can't screw up

Posted by Simcha 4:24 PM, under | 4 comments

After failing to complete every book challenge that I've joined, I came to the conclusion that I'm better off avoiding them. I've made it about a month so far without joining any challenges (which is quite a feat since everyone else is doing it and it's hard not to succumb to the peer pressure) until I came across the Once Upon A Time Challenge at Stainless Steel Droppings.

I don't know if it was the pretty picture that did it or that fact that each level is called a quest, and I've always wanted to go on a quest, but before I knew what I was doing I had signed up for yet another book challenge.

But the good news is there is no way I could screw this one up. I mean, it is a fantasy book challenge and I mostly read fantasy books, so this ones a sure thing.

I'm going to go for the "Quest, The First," which requires me to read five books that are either fantasy, folklore, fairy tales, or mythology and I have until June 20th to do so. Easy shmeesy.

And here is the picture that led me onto this path of book challenge temptation:



Cool, right?

If you would like to join me on this quest, visit Stainless Steel Droppings to sign up.

4 comments:

Easy shmeesy, indeed. :-) This sounds like a challenge I should sign up for!

I was worried when I started signing up for challenges I would screw them up. But, I think I will be okay as I have all year to do them. (The one I haven't even started on yet.) This sounds like a nice challenge to take on. And I think you will be just fine. They are books that you read anyway. Good Luck to you!

Bizmus: You should give it a go. It seems to be a very popular book challenge.

Melissa: I seem to have a problem with having to read certain books and when I join a challenge I suddenly have no desire to read any of the books that I'm supposed to. Now I'm hoping I don't suddenly lose interest in all fantasy, just as I've joined this challenge :)

I love that picture too! Quest- I think I prefer that over challenge; it sounds like I'm going somewhere....

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive