Thursday, February 18, 2010

Friday Quotes

Posted by Simcha 2:54 PM, under | 3 comments

Harry Dresden, Storm Front (Jim Butcher)

I'd made the vampire cry. Great. I felt like a real superhero. Harry Dresden, breaker of monsters' hearts.

Two wizards at the University,
Equal Rites (Terry Pratchett)

- "While I'm still confused and uncertain, it's on a much higher plane, d'you see, and at least I know I'm bewildered about the really fundamental and important facts of the universe." Treatle nodded. "I hadn't looked at it like that," he said, "But you're absolutely right. He's really pushed back the boundaries of ignorance."


- They both savored the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things.

Kelsier, Mistborn (Brandon Sanderson)


- My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I'm quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.


- If you're always on time, it implies that you never have anything better you should be doing

Dani Zweig

Would someone please explain to me why the triumph of Evil is always accompanied by ugly, skimpy and non-functional clothing, an exponential increase in power, and a total failure of intellect?

3 comments:

I love the quotes! Especially the one about always being on time (it makes me feel so much better about my habitual lateness). :)

"If you're always on time, it implies that you never have anything better you should be doing" - ouch! What does it mean when one is early?

While I love this quote, I have to admit to being one of those people who is usually early. But I would make allowances for Kelsier because he is just so charming.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive