Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's Tuesday...Where Are You

Posted by Simcha 4:36 PM, under | 2 comments



It's Tuesday...Where are You?
Hosted by An Adventure in Reading

I'm in Spain, in 1954, and searching with Daniel for the story behind the mysterious author of the book The Shadow of the Wind. Daniel had discovered
The Shadow of the Wind when he was just 11, and ever since, he has been curious about the book's author, Julian Carax. But Daniel's interest in the book and it's author has drawn the attention of a frightening, faceless stranger who for some unknown reason is hunting down every book written by Carax, in order to burn them.

Daniel has just met with a childhood friend of Carax's and made some surprising discoveries. He is also trying to figure out what to do about his growing attraction to his best friend's sister, a scenario that seems strangely similar to that of Julian Carax's, and which might have led to the disappearance of the girl Carax once loved.

I'm reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

2 comments:

This sounds really good. Wonder what the attraction is with the books? To burn them even. Wow. Can't wait for your review on this.

I didn't know if you got the responce to you post on B&N forum, I left you as a response in my comments. I hope to see over there at some time.

I just got this post up for this week if you would like to stop by...

I loved this book. I read it after I had been to Barcelona and I could just see it so wonderfully.

thanks for playing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive