Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Very first Reading Challenge: DystopYA

Posted by Simcha 6:07 PM, under | 3 comments

I've never done a reading challenge before, although they look like fun, because I just can't find the time to read books outside of the SF&F genres. But Books on the Nightstand is issuing a challenge that coincides nicely with my current interest in dystopic novels so I'm going to be participating in my very first Reading Challenge. I'm quite excited.

While I'm not exactly clear on all of the rules (I don't have patience for reading the small print), the basic idea is that I have until December 31, 2009 to read 3 dystopic YA novels. After reading the books, I'm supposed to write a review of each one and to post a link t
o the reviews on the Books on the Nightstand Goodreads or Facebook page. I also added the little picture that you are meant to include as proof of your participation (see above).

I'm going to try reading The Giver, by Lois Lowry, Candor by Pam Bachorz and The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I think I must have read The Giver at some point, but I really can't remember. Candor, I recently heard about and thought it sounded interesting and now that Anne recommended it I certainly have to read it (Anne and Michael rarely steer me wrong).

Anyone want to join me? For more information about the DystopYA Reading Challenge, visit Books on the Nightstand



3 comments:

I haven't tried a Reading Challenge yet either. I go through phases of what I want to read and I don't want to commit myself to a challenge and not see it through.
I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Hi Simcha,

I attempted to leave a message through your main website, but it doesn't seem to have gotten through. I was wondering whether you'd be interested in exchanging links with my blog - http://drying-ink.blogspot.com
No problem if you're not. :)
Email: jacobTM3[AT]googlemail.com

Cheers,

Jacob

Becky, that's also one of the reasons I haven't tried a reading challenge until now but ever since reading the Hunger Games I've been interested in dystopic books so this challenge seems like a good opportunity to find similar books.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive