Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Fun Stuff From Around The Web

Posted by Simcha 7:49 PM, under | 6 comments



This compilation of popular movie catchphrases has me feeling nostalgic.

"Goonies never say die!"
"Beetle Juice,
Beetle Juice. Beetle Juice"
"Wax on, Wax off"
"Feed me Seymore!"
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I think it's time for a movie night.



via bits and Pieces

Another gem from one of my favorite sites Not Always Right, for all of you "weird" book lovers:

Judging By Their Cover
Bookstore | Augusta, GA, USA

(I’m stocking the front-of-store. A couple asks me for help.)

Wife: “Hi, we’re looking for a gift for a really weird friend of ours. He’s really hard to shop for.”

Me: “Sure, what sort of thing are you looking for?”

Husband: “No, he’s really weird. He actually likes to read books.”

Wife: “Hush, honey. He works in a bookstore. He’s probably weird too.”



I just discovered this online comic strip and Wonderella is now my favorite super hero (super heroine?)


And check out this fun demonstration by an actress who introduces herself in 21 different accents in just 2 1/2 minutes



Ok, now back to work...

6 comments:

Thanks for that movie montage. That was awesome!

I recognized 4 of those 5 movie phrases - yeah!

I truly believe that there is not another actor in the world who could have sold the Inigo Montoya line the way Mandy Patinkin sells it. I love him.

Also, what? That's the only line from Casablanca? Not the beautiful friendship line? Not "we'll always have Paris"? Casablanca gets fewer iconic movie lines than Forrest Gump?

(Don't mind me, I have a lot of Forrest Gump-related resentment behind being named Jenny.)

Jenny: Well I was surprised that they didn't include "if you build it, they will come" from Field of Dreams. A big oversight.

Stephanie: I was surprised how by many of the movie lines I recognized without actually having seen the movie itself.

Bryce: My pleasure :)

Ha! What a great picture. I love to see a plethora of reading material around children and the rest of the house :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive