Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Send your love to Diana Wynne Jones

Posted by Simcha 4:07 PM, under | 3 comments

I was saddened to recently hear that one of my favorite YA authors, Diana Wynne Jones, has been battling cancer for the past seven years, and has now decided to terminate her chemotherapy treatments, which did not appear to be helping.

According to her physician, Diana now only has months left, though she has been feeling somewhat better since discontinuing chemotherapy and has regained her sense of smell and taste and is even now working on another book.

I've been a fan of Diana Wynne Jones since I first read The Lives of Christopher Chant when I was thirteen and I immediately went on to read all of the other books in the Chrestomanci series, and anything else of hers that I could get my hands on. Although it has been years since I last read one of Diana's books many of the characters still stand out clearly in my mind, particularly Chrestomanci who was the first really interesting magician that I encountered in a book, and also one of my first book character crushes ;)

I've decided that next week I'm going to try to read and review as many of the Diana Wynne Jones's books as I can, particularly the newer ones that I have missed out on.

And if you are also a fan of this wonderful author, now would be a good time to tell her so.
You can send Diana an email at
meredithxyz@googlemail.com, though it is requested that you not send any questions, but good wishes are more then welcome.


The information I shared with you here is from Diana's mailing list and website


3 comments:

Oh no, I didn't know this. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

What horrible news! But isn't it amazing that even at this time she's finds joy in writing.

Oh, I didn't know this at all! How sad. I hope that these next several months are as pain-free as possible for her.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive