Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Awards!

Posted by Simcha 7:17 AM, under | 9 comments

I recently received a few different awards from some of my wonderful fellow bloggers, which I really appreciate so much. It really makes all the hard work worthwhile when you see that people really enjoy your blog. I'm usually terrible about posting about these awards and passing them on, so this time I'm making sure to do it right away.



First off, I just received the Super Comments award from one of my favorite bloggers, Melissa at My World.. in Words and Pages. This is rather appropriate since it's from Melissa that I learned the positive effects of leaving comments for other bloggers and how you can really develop relationships with bloggers and visitors through these comments. In addition to her great book reviews, Melissa's wonderful personality comes through clearly through her posts and comments and I always enjoy visiting her blog and reading about what she has been up to.

Thanks Melissa!


From Beth at Maybe Tomorrow I received this fun Over The Top award for which I have to answer the questions below with a single word answer and then pass it on to five other bloggers. Beth is a relatively new book blogger whose interesting book reviews I always enjoy reading.

Your cell phone? iPhone

Your hair? Covered

Your mother? Writer

Your father? Teacher

Your favorite food? Chocolate!

Your dream last night? Forgotten

Your favorite drink? Water

Your dream/goal? Bookstore

What room are you in? Living

Your hobby? Reading

Your fear? Aging

Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here

Where were you last night? Home

Something that you aren't? Planner

Muffins? Chocolate

Wish list item? House

Where did you grow up? Didn't

Last thing you did? Cooked

Your TV? None

Your pets? Dogs

Friends? Far

Your mood? Shifting

Missing someone? Family

Vehicle? None

Something you aren't wearing? Shoes

Your favorite store? Bookstore (any)

Your favorite color? violet

When was the last time you laughed? Today

Last time you cried? Unsure

Your best friend? None

One place you go to over and over again? Supermarket

Facebook? Occasionally

Favorite place to eat? Elsewhere

Thanks Beth for this great award! I enjoy these kind of blog awards because they give me the chance to learn a bit more about the bloggers themselves, so I'm going to pass it on to some of my favorite bloggers who I would enjoy getting to know a bit better:

Stephanie at Misfit Salon
Audrey at Brizmus Blogs Books
Wonderbunny at Cookies, Books and Bikes
Michelle and Leslie from Michelle and Leslie's Book Picks


And from Ramona at Alone in the Holy Land I received this pretty Sunshine Award.

Ramona was one of the first bloggers I met when I began blogging and also the only blogger I've met who resides in Israel, as well. While she does occasionally blog about books, she more frequently talks more about her own life and some of the struggles that she goes through while living in a foreign country and raising a young child.


This award is meant to be passed on to 12 of my favorite bloggers, though I'm actually going to only pass it on to five of the bloggers whose blogs I make a concerted effort to visit on a regular basis..

Melissa at My World...in Words and Pages
Bryce at Seak's Stamp
Ryan at Wordsmithonia
TJ at Book Love Affair
Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings


Thanks again to Melissa, Beth and Ramona for these wonderful awards, and of course, to all the little people who made this all possible (you know...the little people who sneak in and write up my reviews and blog posts for me at night, when I'm too tired to do it myself)












9 comments:

Congrats on the lovely awards. You deserve them all. I also want to thank you for thinking of me for one of them, you made my day.

Congrats on all the awards! I would have to agree the comments are a huge deal for me and I hope other bloggers. They are an encouragement to keep writing reviews and posting.

Thanks for the award!

Congrats on the award, and thanks for passing one along to me! I've really got to get myself up to date on this award thing. :-)
How many dogs do you have?
And yum! Chocolate!

congrats on the awards simcha and thank you so much for passing it on to me and leslie. it was great knowing a little about you. i hope you're having a wonderful week :)

Thank you, Simcha! The fact that your favorite food is chocolate confirms your coolness :)

Congrats on your awards Simcha! Well deserved!

Thanks for your comment about my blog too! v.sweet :)

Your awards are completely deserved, and thanks for mine. :)

First I want to apoligize for being late getting here to comment. I have been running around lately, with the early gorgeous weather we have been having.

Second, congrats on all your awards! You deserve them all!

Next, I am flattered. I am glad I have helped make commenting fun. ;) I really enjoy our conversations through blogs and comments. I have learned a lot about people through comments, and they are one of my favorite things to do. I just wish I had more time to read and comment on everyones blog all the time. Thank you for the kind words!

Lastly, Thank you for the great award! Thank you again and congrats! :)

Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to post my awards more frequently just to hear everyone tell me how much I deserve them :)

Stephanie: I'm actually trying to convince myself that I don't like chocolate as much as I think I do so that I'll eat it less, though it's not really working

Melissa: No problem. As you can see, I'm a bit behind myself on responding to comments.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive