Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Brief Hiatus (and cat pictures)

Posted by Simcha 9:20 AM, under | 7 comments

Wow, I can't believe it's already June. The last month zoomed by so quickly that I didn't accomplish half of the things I wanted to, particularly in regard to blogging.
Due to work and family obligations I just didn't have the time to write all of the reviews that I wanted to, which was frustrating because I read some really great books that I've been looking forward to telling you about.

And so I decided that I'm going to take a break from blogging for the next couple of weeks to catch up on my reviewing and perhaps make a few changes to the layout of the blog as well. While I love my pretty template I'm thinking it might be time to try something different. If you have any suggestions for ways that I might be able to improve my blog I'd love to hear them. Or if there is anything that you particularly like that I shouldn't change, that would be nice to hear as well (fishing for compliments? me??)

The end of June will also be my two year blogging anniversary and I'm thinking of some fun ways that I can celebrate, so make sure to stick around for that.

In the meantime, to keep traffic circulating while I'm gone, here are some pictures of cats because for some reason people really seem to like this kind of stuff. (living in Israel, where cats roam the streets in menacing gangs eying you like you might be their next meal, I've kind of lost my affection for them)



  Helpful Kitty

Now this is the kind of cat that I wouldn't mind having around. Even beats Carl the dog (I've never seen him pour tea or iron)





See you in a couple of weeks!

7 comments:

happy anniversary (in advance)! funny pics, the first one is like my cat :)

Lol, I love helpful kitty :D

Take your time! And as for the blog, hm..well..nope I am so bad with ideas. I like it as it is

Oh I think I need that kitty here! ;) lol.

Oh no worries Simcha. Take your time and enjoy your break. :) We'll be here when you return.

My two-year blogiversary is also coming up towards the end of June - YAY!

I hope you have a productive and restful blogging break. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us when you come back!

Yay for two years!

Enjoy your break! Sometimes those are so nice. I wish I could say that while I haven't been blogging over the last couple of weeks I've been getting caught up but I haven't and I've only read two books.

i wouldn't mind having that cat do all the chores around the house either. even my mom (who doesn't want any pets) would like to have that cat.

as for you blog, i like that it's not cluttered with stuff on the sidebar. i think you should keep the one sidebar. can't wait to see the revamped SFF. :)

cute kitty! :)

i'd be delighted if i had a very helpful cat. hahahaha

can't wait for you to blog again

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive