Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Quotes

Posted by Simcha 4:04 AM, under | No comments

This week's quotes are mostly from Graceling, which I had read last week and there is one from Charmed Life, the first in Diana Wynne's Jones Chrestomanci series, which I shall review next week. And last night instead of working on reviews or reading some of the many books I'm currently in the middle of, I ended up watching some old Gilmore Girls episodes, which I haven't done in years and is just like picking up a favorite book that you forgot how much you loved. So I have one quote from their as well because Lorelai is just so darn funny.

Enjoy the quotes and have a great weekend!

****************************************************************************************
Graceling, Kristin Cashore

  • "I'm not going to wear a red dress,' she said.
    It would look stunning, My Lady,' she called.
    She spoke to the bubbles gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face."


  • "What are you grinning at?" Katsa demanded for the third or fourth time.
    "Is the ceiling about to cave in on my head or something? You look like we're both on the verge of an enormous joke."
    "Katsa, only you would consider the collapse of the ceiling a good joke."
    - Po and Katsa

  • Something caught in her throat at this second thanks, when she'd threatened him so brutally. When you're a monster, she thought, you are thanked and praised for not behaving like a monster. She would like to restrain from cruelty and receive no admiration for it.

Charmed Life, Diana Wynne Jones

It’s a pity…that I’ve no right to open your letters. I hope you don’t get many, or my conscience will give me no peace.
(Chrestomanci to Gwendolen)


Gilmore Girls (season 1, episode 3)

Babette: Is there a problem?
Lorelai: Oh nothing Shakespeare couldn’t have turned into a really great play

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive