Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Quotes

Posted by Simcha 5:25 AM, under | 4 comments

I love a good quote, though when I come across one I usually forget to write it down and then I can never find it again. So I've decided to make an effort to write down some of my favorite quotes that I come across during the week and to share them with you here.

Here are some of this weeks great finds:

************************************************************************

The Name of the Wind (Patrick Rothfuss):

- It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always . All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.

- To deem us simply enemies is to lose the true flavor of our relationship. It was more like the two of us entered into a business partnership in order to more efficiently pursue our mutual interest of hating each other.

- Call a jack a jack, call a spade a spade, but always call a whore a lady

- The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind

Dune (Frank Herbert)

- Parting with friends is a sadness. A place is only a place.

- Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Hogfather (Terry Pratchett):

She'd become a governess. It was one of the few jobs a known lady could do. And she'd taken to it well. She'd sworn that if she did indeed ever find herself dancing on rooftops with chimney sweeps she'd beat herself to death with her own umbrella

Mort (Terry Pratchett):

"You're dead," he said. Keli waited. She couldn't think of any suitable reply. "I'm not" lacked a certain style, while "Is it serious?" seemed somehow too frivolous.
-- Mort to Princess Keli, after her death

4 comments:

Great quotes!
Please come over to my blog, there is a little something waiting for you.
x
Ramona

Hey Simcha,
here am I as promised. I love quotes. Good choice. I hope you will post more.

great finds! i especially like the last quote from the name of the wind and the second one from dune. thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive