Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My second day at the ICon, much better then the first

Posted by Simcha 5:58 PM, under | No comments

I just got back from my second day at the ICon, where I had an awesome time!
Selling books is much more fun then volunteering (or waiting around to volunteer)
I got to spend a whole day surrounded by books and talking to people about books. I met a lot of new and interesting people (with an emphasis on interesting- this is a con after all) and I even made some money! Nir Yaniv also stopped by my table and signed his book, so now I have an authographed copy of the Tel Aviv Dossier to give away.
Overall, I had a really great time and I look forward to doing it again tomorrow.

Though as I had predicted, I did end up spending a considerable amount of time driving aimlessly around Tel Aviv trying to find my way. For some reason there are no signs around Tel Aviv helpfully pointing drivers towards the freeway. It's as if they don't want anyone to leave. When we stopped to ask for directions people seemed baffled by the fact that we wanted to go to Jerusalem. One conversation went like this (honestly):

"Excuse me sir (OK, I'm not sure about the "sir" part), can you please tell me which direction I would go to get to Jerusalem?"
"You mean the street?"
"No, the city of Jerusalem"
"The city? That's very far away. Are you sure you want to go there?"
"Yes, can you please tell me in which direction to go?"
"But you would have to drive and hour and a half to get there..."

Eventually we convinced the man, despite his better judgement, to point us in the right direction. And it only took us 40 minutes to get to Jerusalem.

Very strange

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive