Monday, June 29, 2009

Welcome to my blog

Posted by Simcha 6:05 PM, under | No comments

Reading is one of my favorite activities, and is followed by my second favorite activity, talking about books. Personally, I find that half the pleasure in reading a book is discussing it with someone afterward. But since I live in a predominantly Hebrew speaking community, and I only read books in English (I still have a way to go before I can read in Hebrew for pleasure), the opportunity for me to discuss books does not occur too often.


This has not been too much of a problem, these past few years, since the Fantasy books that I enjoy reading are not so readily available or affordable here and so I have not been reading as much as I used to in America. But recently I started an online science fiction and fantasy bookstore and I find myself in the position of having a vast supply of books to read (yay!), but no one to discuss them with (sadly, none of my friends read these genres). So I decided to start this blog as a place for me to talk about SciFi and fantasy books that I'm currently reading and to voice my opinions as I come by them, without necessarily having to write a review about each book.


This blog is also related to my science fiction and fantasy website, www.42scifi-fantasy.com, which includes book reviews, articles on SFF, news on SFF in Israel and a growing collection of biographies of SFF authors.

So if you are a speculative fiction fan, make sure to take a look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I love hearing from you and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can.

Tags

Book Reviews

Blog Archive

Blog Archive